Dear friends, volunteers and supporters,
The CDC and President Trump announced on Monday, March 16th a 15-day plan to fight Covid-19, otherwise known as the Coronavirus. This plan will affect every American – and our daily lives will never be the same. Most of our schools, workplaces, churches, sporting venues, and restaurants are closing down; this will put a major economic strain on those who are now either unemployed or underemployed.
While the virus itself is said to affect our senior citizens the most, containment efforts will affect those in lower income brackets most of all. Some of the charities that would normally fill this need have also closed their doors, including some local pregnancy centers. Sadly, we anticipate a sharp influx of women seeking abortion during this time, and we at the Coalition For Life are taking every effort to stand in the gap for these mothers and their babies.
There are ways you can help in this effort.
First, pray. With many of us spending more time at home, take that time to pray for those most affected. Also, take this time to reflect on the beauty of God’s goodness, and spend that time with your children or reading a good Christian book instead of binging on the next Netflix series.
Second, we need models.
We are only two weeks away from getting our ultrasound program off the ground – the final step is special training for our medical staff that will take place from March 23rd – March 26th and March 30th – April 2nd.
We still need 40 pregnant mothers to volunteer as ultrasound models. This will involve coming to our office in Maryland Heights to receive an ultrasound scan similar to one you might receive at a doctor’s office, and you will receive several photos of your precious baby. These training scans are a critical final step to save more lives from abortion, and we can’t do this alone. Be assured, every precaution is being taken to protect all the mothers who will receive a training ultrasound through extra sanitary measures and reducing our staff at the office.
Please spread the word. Pregnant volunteers are needed for the next 2 weeks. Call Women’s Care Connect to reserve a slot today: (636)789-1320.
Third, be prudent, but not fearful.
Coalition for Life St. Louis is committed to helping reduce the spread of COVID-19, so we are taking measures to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, clients, and all their families.
The 40 Days for Life Celebration Rallies in both Fairview Heights and St. Louis will be cancelled. The public 40 Days for Life prayer vigils will continue, however, with a few important safety measures in place.
- At the abortion facilities in Fairview Heights and St. Louis, we have plenty of open space to pray. Be sure to space yourselves out from any other prayer volunteers present to protect yourself and others.
- All prayer volunteers should check in at the start of their prayer shift instead of signing in on a shared clipboard.
- In Fairview Heights, that means checking in with your shift captain.
- In St. Louis, check in with the sidewalk counselor on duty.
- The signs we normally provide for prayer volunteers to hold are being removed for the rest of this campaign. Larger banners are replacing the smaller individual signs to ensure the public witness continues while minimizing exposure. If you would like to bring your own, homemade sign, please take care to use a positive, prayerful message in line with the aims of 40 Days for Life. A few options include:
Praying to end abortion, Love Life Born and Unborn, Birth Mothers are Brave, Love and Support them Both
- Bring with your prayer books, Bibles, or prayer beads.
- If you have committed to a vigil shift but are no longer able to keep it due to quarantine or other concerns, please reach out to our office as soon as possible.
Finally, give a financial gift.
We expect our clients to need us now more than ever to help with rent payments, transportation, clothing, and that ongoing support our team provides to help them get through this crisis. To make a financial gift, please donate on our website at CoaltionForLifeSTL.com, or mail a check to our office in Maryland Heights.
These mothers and their babies need the pro-life community now more than ever before. Let us come together (from a safe, healthy distance) to save these lives. There are many ways to help:
- Join the 40 Days for Life prayer vigil in St. Louis or Fairview Heights.
- Make a financial gift to offset the increased needs of mothers in crisis
- If you’re pregnant, become an ultrasound model yourself or help recruit ultrasound models
To help with any of these needs, or to suggest another way you can help, call our office at (314) 827-4039 or visit CoalitionForLifeSTL.com now.
Thank you for all your efforts and prayers.
May God be with all of you in this difficult time, and may He especially bless those mothers most at risk to abortion.
Coalition for Life St. Louis