I have some bad news for you and an action alert, but first the good news.
Our staff has just completed an intense 2 year data collection project on the traffic at Planned Parenthood in St. Louis. The results are remarkable.
In 2015 the average Visitors Per Hour was 11.615 and in 2016 the traffic dropped to 8.69 Visitors per hour.
This is a 25% reduction in Planned Parenthood’s traffic in just one year.
* This is a drop of approximately 5,000 – 7,000 visitors
From January to July 2015 Planned Parenthood of St. Louis was averaging 15 guests per hour, but after the release of the undercover videos by David Daleiden that summer their guest count dropped to 8 then leveled off at about 9 guests per hour.
In a nut-shell the Planned Parenthood in St. Louis is losing credibility and thus losing business. They’re desperate.
Now for the BAD NEWS:
In Planned Parenthood’s desperation to save the sinking ship they have launch several legal efforts to force their way back.
In December Planed Parenthood filed a lawsuit to drop the Admitting Privileges and Ambulatory Surgical Centers requirements from Missouri Law. In their lawsuit they stated that proper hand washing stations are unnecessary for this surgery because there is already bacteria in a woman’s body. Read More Here
It is now in Josh Hawley’s hands; the new attorney general for Missouri.
Planned Parenthood states that if they win they plan to open four (4) more abortion facilities in Missouri; Kansas City, Columbia, Joplin and Springfield.
2. PROTECTED CLASSES LAW
On the same day, December 2nd 2016, Megan Green and Christine Ingrassia file BB203, an “Ordinance regarding pregnancy and reproductive health decisions as protected classes.” In other words this bill, if it becomes law, would make opinions a protected class of people. While in the past these types of protections were reserved for a state of being like Color, Sex, or Disability, now this is being expanded to the opinions or actions of individuals.
Here are just a few examples of what this bill will criminalize.
- A Catholic hospital refusing to lease medical office space to a doctor who wants to perform abortions.
- A doctors’ medical group rejecting as an employee, a physician who wants to prescribe abortion pills to his or her patients.
- A property owner declining to lease office space to the CEO of Planned Parenthood.
- The Archdiocese of St. Louis or Catholic Charities (at least as applied to their City of St. Louis employees), failing to include in their employees’ health benefit plans, coverage for abortion (at any time for any reason throughout pregnancy), contraception, sterilization or artificial reproduction.
- A pastor in a pro-life church demoting or reassigning the youth minister because he encouraged and paid for his girlfriend’s abortion, because that is an “adverse employment action” (as defined in the bill) against the employee.
- A maternity home, pregnancy resource center, Catholic Charities agency, etc., firing a counselor or social worker who referred a client for an abortion.
- A mom or dad denying parental consent for their minor daughter to get an abortion, because the parent would be “interfer